I recently came across vyew pronounced as “view” from Zoli’s and Dennis Howlett’s blogs. In the past I have trialled both gotomeeting.com and webex, and came to the conclusion that webex is priced too high and bandwidth hungry. So, I was going to settle with gotomeeting.com.
We need a on line meeting product that has following features:
- Web based – because we are a web based company and therefore promotes such applications. Thereare other valid reasons than this!!
- Can be easily set-up – if it does not require software installation on your machine, this is even better
- Can use to demonstrate software
- Can run powerpoint slides – not as documents flicking one page at a time. Animation intact if possible
- Allow attendees to take over your computer only to interact with the presentation.
- Price – free if possible or single and group user licenses plus pay-as-you-go model.
Now I cannot remember how gotomeeting and webex featured against above, but my take on vyew with limited knowlege is as follows:
- Yes – you can save your files permanently (or until you run out of space – 25MB free space offered)
- Yes – web based. Therefore better than gotomeeting and webex
- No – real disappointment
- No – real disappointment – can flick pages without animation, etc.
- Yes – seems very good
- Not sure
- Free – at least during beta testing
I tried to run a ppt with Dennis and failed. Then I commented on Zoli’s blog. To my amazement, Tim Hon from vyew got in touch on the same day and agreed to give me a demo. I am yet to agree a time. 10/10 for listening to potential clients. Now I have fixed a session with David Terrar for next Monday to run whatever I can, as part of our on-going discussions to explore possible partnership opportunities between D2C and ebdex. I will report back afterwards.
What do you expect from such a product? And what do you use right now? Do you have any advice for us in product selection?