- No. of suppliers on Supplier Network: 120,000
- Deployed on desktops: Over 4m
- Customers sourced over: $250bn
- Spend categories covered: 450
- Saved customers an estimated: $12bn
Ariba is perhaps the largest provider of spend management solutions. In Ariba’s view, spend management consists of:
- Contract management
- Procurement and expenses
- Invoice and payment
- Supplier management
Ariba and ebdex – a possible future partnership (these are purely my views, and does not reflect view points of Ariba):
- Does ebdex compete with Ariba? Yes.
- Does ebdex provides spend management solutions? We are a niche player, bringing solutions to address key challenges (pains) in the areas of document exchange and payments.We address some areas within spend management, but ebdex is not a spend management solutions provider.
- Is Ariba important to ebdex? Yes, ebdex believes that eventually all major networks (such as Ariba’s supplier network) will be interconnected, almost like the telephone network, allowing a company to do business with most of their trading partners, including those who might be connected to other network providers.
- Is that the only interest? No. As the largest player, Ariba and other large players will start consolidating the market some point in the future. ebdex would like to be in a position where it can capitalise from such consolidation.