Quick update on the progress….
- The event (basically catering) will be sponsored by KPMG Manchester Practise. Thanks Siddiq for your support.
- Venue has been sponsored by IoD. Many thanks Laura.
- Imran Ali, Strategy Director of Orange will be the keynote speaker.
- Podcasting will be provided/managed by Stuart Bruce in true web 2.0 style.
- Chairperson/moderator will be Sam Sethi of TechCrunch UK (previously Marketing Director of Netscape and Strategy Director for Microsoft/MSN EMEA)
Panel will include:
- Ivan Pope of Snipperoo – on widgets, dot.com experience, web 2.0, funding, etc
- David Terrar of Twinfield and D Squared C – SaaS (Software as a Service, Enterprise 2.0 and Enterprise Irregulars)
- Manoj Ranaweera of ebdex on venturing into the unknown (yes, starting up experience – think twice before giving up your day job) plus SaaS and power of blogging, etc etc.
Just to illustrate the power of blogging, I met all of the above people through blogging except Laura and Siddiq. I am yet to meet face-to-face with Ivan, Stuart and Imran – yet we are collaborating. I had the pleasure to meet Sam at his local pub and David at IoD London.
I expect the attendance of Philip Hemsted and Anish Kapoor of Yuuguu, who just raised first round of funding from Rising Stars. Ed French who funded them will also be there. Make sure you speak to them, if you are after VC funding.
Tags: NW Start Up 2.0