I have just been sorting out the name tags for the event (shame on those who have not given me their names, company names and designations!). Here is a list of entrepreneurs who have brought or in the process of bringing products and solutions to the market (please note web developers, outsourcing experts, etc have been ignored):
- Anish Kapoor and Philip Hemsted – CEO and Director (respectively) of Yuuguu – Solutions for teleworker – in private beta (first round funding by Rising Stars)
- Ivan Pope – CEO of Snipperoo – Widgets (seeking equity finance)
- Manoj Ranaweera – CEO of ebdex – Document Exchange with first application being EIPP (yes that’s me) (seeking equity finance + strengthening management team)
- Rhys Jones – CEO of Accountis – EIPP (Accountis is well established and funded) – I believe Rhys is working on some new ideas.
- Robert Wakeling – CEO of Wadaro – Mobile Networking Software (seeking equity finance)
- Sam Sethi – CEO of Vecosys (in addition running the UK TechCrunch franchise) – Sam is working on few ideas which have not yet been publicised.
This is not a bad start. So far 35 have confirmed attendance. The programme for the event is:
- 18:15 – Doors open
- 18:30 – Networking
- 19:00 – Keynote speech by Sam Sethi
- 19:15 – Panel and Q&A Session
- 20:00 – Networking
- 20:30 – Move to pub
Due to a family tragedy, Imran Ali is not able to attend the event. Sam, thanks for stepping into fill the gap.
Tags: NW Start Up 2.0