Remember these two guys?
They are going from strength to strength. They reported a triple whammy recently, i.e. new website, new release and coverage on vecosys by Sam Sethi.
I have been a user of Yuuguu from almost the beginning. Sam does a good coverage of the product, so I will not repeat it. About the new website:
- Great strap line: See together: Be together. It would be interesting to hear how this came about. It makes perfect sense – makes the proposition very clear – catchy. Anish/Phil make sure you protect it.
- Website is structured better – blog is no longer the home page. Theme of "simplicity" is carried through out – the website and the product. well done again.
- Product – what is it? I summarise it as a free collaboration tool with ability to share screens across the net with instant messaging capability.
- Now available on mac platform in addition to windows.
Ok. everything cannot be positive, so what are the negatives?
- This version wiped out the old database. I have been assured this is "one off" – ok fair enough
- They had a crash – they came out in public – so no damage done.
Questions now are:
- Get the revenue model right
- Get the product road map right
- Ensure loyalty of user base – get viral marketing into gear – no longer in private Beta
- Understand who the competition is and how it differs
By the way, Anish will be a key speaker at the next NW Start Up 2.0 event. Watch the space?