So what is the general plan after Causeway? Ideally, I like to spend 50% on fee earning work and the remainder on projects. So what are these projects?
- edocr – we will soon be looking for 100 volunteers to test the alpha version. If you are interested in helping us, please register your interest at http://www.edocr.com, and we will get in touch with you as soon as the Alpha version is ready. I have an excellent team working with me on this project. The other three guys are Rhys Jones, Founder of Accountis and Mike Carter and Chris Haslam, both Directors of Ixis.
- Blogging and evangelising – ah! nothing unusual. This is very much connected with fee earning work.
- Events management – OpenCoffee Manchester, NW StartUp 2.0 and Mashup Manchester.
- Incorporate third startup on carbon footprint and CSR – not much movement since original idea.
So, how would I like to spend 50% on fee earning. Simple, reviving ebdex. Call it ebdex II. But this is not about developing ebdex Document Exchange again! Instead offering a consulting led value proposition. Two models are helping me to refine my thought process – in most cases documenting what I was already doing anyway, these being the RedMonks (James Governor) model and Paystream Advisers (Henry Ijams) model. And I just started building the new website using Drupal, which I plan to complete during my vacation. Early thoughts are:
- Consulting – Corporate Advisory and Vendor Advisory
- Products – Resell to meet client requirements
- Services – From initial concept of identifying a need to full commissioning and support thereafter
- Knowledge Base – P2P, S2C, SUF to start with + Analyst Reports
- Vendor Base – Completing the Wiki I started sometime back
- Events – Independent and Vendor Events
All documents produced by ebdex will be offered through edocr.
So what are the challenges with ebdex II approach?
- Need team/associates – do let me know if you know anyone who might be interested
- Need strategic partners – Both from products and service fronts. From service front, who better to team up with than Paystream Advisers?
- Need financial backing
- Need to find some clients
Its 02:22 in the morning, and let’s hope I will not regret what I have written in the morning. Good night!
No regrets so far! Oh! By the way, I also provide consultancy in areas such as blogging!