As we believe that everyone had a good time on the 18th October, Simon Grice and I with Stewart Townsend (and with thought leadership from Lee Strafford) have decided to fast forward the next Mashup event from Feb 08 to 6th December 2007. We are also making a significant change to the programme. There will be two events back-to-back:
- Free Demo from 5pm to 6:15pm – free to attend, must be pre-registered
- Conference from 6:30 pm to 10:00pm – ?25 to attend (?10 for students with valid student union card), must be pre-registered – Catered event
We brought the Free Demo to give an opportunity for those individuals who might have early stage prototype or an idea they want to demonstrate and/or share with other attendees – classic example, Rhys Jones’s web2os. Please bring your laptops and power supplies – There is no Wi-Fi at site, but Internet access points will be provided for your convenience. Those who have paid, could attend both events. Anyone who stays beyond 6:30 and have not paid in advance or at door, will be asked for payment or invoiced accordingly. There is also a possibility that a white knight (with or without shining armour) might step in to sponsor a number of individuals who may want to stay for the conference. If you would like to be considered, please let me know and I will point you to the white knight.
The conference will be similar to the inaugural event, i.e. two speakers and three presentations. The theme is on “Content 2.0”, here is the introduction, first cut-
Music, video, TV, documents, etc…The ways in which we all discover, access, watch and share content is fundamentally changing. In the birth place of modern music – Manchester – we will explore where these changes are leading us. With some very interesting recent acquisitions (Last.fm), the Radiohead album, the TV Links case and more.. We will bring together all of the North’s leading thinking in the digital sector for an evening debate and a party – after the success of the 1st Mashup* we’re opening up invites to everyone involved in the digital sectors, agencies, marketing firms, PR, etc. etc. etc. Come and join the debate – mashup* Manchester – ‘being digital’.
Being user driven, it makes sense to ask our attendees to help us organise the event. So here is what we need:
- Suggest two speakers – you are welcome to propose your own names – in any case, please inform us why we need to consider you as a speaker or the suggested individuals as speakers
- Three companies – preferably two from the North – would be great to have one from Manchester – again please inform us why you are suggesting these companies
- Given Christmas is fast approaching by 6th, it would be great to have some Christmas goodies – Would anyone like to sponsor?
Please spread the word, and let us know your thoughts of how to make this event even more successful.
Mashup Manchester line
- Speaker 1 – Sam Sethi of Blognation
- Speaker 2 – waiting confirmation
- Company 1 – Yuuguu
- Company 2 – Sharenow
- Company 3 – will decide two weeks before based on entries to this blog post
NW StartUp 2.0 DEMO participants
Technorati Tags: mashup Manchester