Just an idea at this stage, but have approached a group of early stage companies in the USA to sound it out.
- Promote companies and products – an exhibition
- Build partnerships with startups from Manchester (edocr.com, JavelinCRM, others), London and rest of the UK
- API Explosion – Get the tech community involved
- Tour of local tech hubs for those thinking of setting base in the NW
- Get the public sector involve, so that we can explore incentives for setting up
Perhaps a three day event:
- Day 0 – Check-in to hotels
- Day 1: Registration, local tours, Dinner
- Day 2: Exhibition and Conference, Dinner with VCs
- Day 3: Catch-up, discussions with public sector, etc etc etc
- Day 4: Return flights
I think Sep/Oct would be better to give me time to plan properly. If you think there is merit in doing this, let’s start talking.