Selecting a business name is not as easy as you think.
- Brainstorm Within your team.
- Don’t forget to leverage your network. Read the story about how I crowdsourced UnifiedVU.
- You may also want to tap into some of the new services which help you generate alternative names, e.g. Naminum.
- Check availability of company on companies house website.
- Grab the url. If you went for an exotic Top Level Domain (TLD), grab the .com if available. Don’t bother with all other domains, unless you want to burn your startup cash.
- Grab the Twitter handle.
- You cannot create a company page on LinkedIn until you have an email address.
- Don’t forget to setup Facebook and google+ pages.