There are a number of things you need to do when you are planning a new business venture. In the past I wrote about some of these, but didn’t quite capture the very early stages:
- Idiot’s Guide to setting up a business – Part 1: Registering your business
- Idiot’s guide to setting up a business – Part 2: selecting a name
- Idiot’s guide to setting up a business – Part 3: website and email
- Template for a simplified investor pitch deck
- 8 questions I must know the answers to
Today, I am contemplating on starting another and wanted to capture the sequence of activities, which could help others.
Here are the planning tools I am going to use:
- Brainstorm – XMind
- Capture the initial business model – Lean Canvas
- Capture initial customer interest at earliest stage (i.e. idea stage) – Deal Flow – CapsuleCRM on UnifiedVU
- Executive Business Plan Summary – Google Docs (G Suite)
- Financial Forecasts – Google Sheet (G Suite)
- Pitch deck – Google Slides (G Suite)
- Initial Tasks – Asana
If I go ahead with this, this would be a funded business unlike my previous companies. I will try to capture this aspect and would be interesting to hear the steps you and others have taken.