My history with EIPP:
- In September 2004, I joined an EIPP Tech Startup called Morahan International from London as an investor employee, investing £50k and building the Utilities Sector.
- The company went into voluntary liquidation shortly. Three new companies emerged out of this. One was mine called ebdex. Focused initially on building the ebdex Data Exchange Hub for invoices.
- We managed to get the V1 out, but V2 killed V1 – bad outsourcing deal and I had to shut down the company (FinTech) by end of 2006. Started building Manchester’s tech ecosystem from this point onwards. I founded my second tech company with the CEO of Accountis, which I highly admired. I was a big fan of BASDA and they became our client. Coda refused to play ball so we struggled to integrate.
- By then, I was the No 1 read blogger on the topic of EIPP and e-invoicing and had a large following. Unfortunately, killed the blog a few years after as my interests changed. Remnants still exist at https://lnkd.in/dKRrjz8 and https://lnkd.in/dAhBxYP
- In 2007, I spent a few months with #Causeway doing a brain dump. Had fun with Tim Cole and Tradex.
- Got invited to SAP Sapphire in Vienna to blog about EIPP with few other bloggers from around the world.