Ken Walters, President of Infor’s financial solutions division said, "Infor is totally committed to driving Pegasus forwards. While we regret Gary’s decision to leave, we also respect it was his personal decision. I would like to thank him for his significant contribution, particularly since joining Infor, and we all wish him well.”
Turner said “After a very enjoyable and rewarding twelve years at Pegasus and as part of the team that returned the company to health and prosperity in recent times, I am obviously leaving with mixed emotions. But I concluded that the timing was natural for me to seek out a different challenge."
Gary has also updated his profile on LinkedIN, indicating he is ready to explore opportunities. Now what opportunities will Gary be interested in:
- Low risk: Join another accounting software vendor – he might find this mentally not challenging given his achievements at Pegasus.
- Medium risk: Join another software company, but not financial. Perhaps CRM or business intelligence – not miles from financials!
- High risk: Join or set up a start up – perhaps SaaS based financials system. Then again Gary was not a believer! Its not too late to change your mind!
- High-Mediaum risk: start a fund investing in new accounting software companies
- Risk – what! Become a beach bum – until he hits upon an Eureka moment!
Good luck Garry! ebdex-Pegasus did not quite work out as planned. Perhaps we can find a better opportunity in the future!