At last, we have a functioning blog at Northern StartUp 2.0 (NS20). Recently, I have been speaking a lot about developing an ecosystem for digital product based companies in the North, and especially in the North West. I see Northern StartUp 2.0 taking a significant role in taking this initiative forward with our ever growing community and the community from Daresbury Innovation Centre where I am based at. Lot more to say about this subject later.
Going forward, this NS20 will provide following functionality:
1. The event programme – ideally once a month except for the month of August, in Manchester and Liverpool
2. Directory of service providers that are keen to work with the NS20 community
3. Northern Stars – our way of tracking the progress of digital product based companies in the North. Let me know if your company is not listed but meets the criteria
4. Job Board – free to publish at present. Upload job advert to edocr first and inform the URL.
5. Surgeries – 3 held so far with forthcoming surgery in July with VC from East Coast (to be confirmed)
6. Blog – opportunity for the community to share their thoughts, not just for me. Let me know if you wish to talk about your company or Northern ecosystem or lack of it.
So, it’s time for you to update your profile and get your company listed as either a Northern Star (free) or as a Service Provider (payable). I also encourage you to purchase annual membership at £250 per annum, which provides a significant saving over the year. Please note that annual membership excludes special events such as Digital Futures, but includes listings on Service Provider Directory and access to all NS20 events held in Manchester and Liverpool.