I have been wanting to replace my iphone3 with an iphone4 for sometime since my 18 months contract ran out in October 2010. Today, I walked in to Tesco and bought an iPhone4. Before you switch, its worth thinking about the process, and hopefully my experience will help someone.
- Eventhough my O2 contract has run out months ago, they still need 1 month notice.
- To issue a PAC code it could take up to 14 days
- To unlock the phone (as I want to pass my old iphone3 to my daughter), it could take up to 14 days.
- You should not use the PAC code until the iphone is unlocked
- Irrespective of what O2 might say before, they will match Tesco’s offer when you try to cancel. When I rang few months back, they refused to match. Perhaps, they guessed I was not serious at the time.
I will write the rest of the post, once I get to (3) and (4).