Here is a quick comparison of UBL 2.0 vs UBL 1.0
UBL 1.0 – Order to Invoice Process (8 document types)
UBL 2.0 – Now covering 31 document types
The 23 new documents are split as follow:
- Original UBL 1.0 order-to-invoice document types (updated for UBL 2.0): Order, OrderResponse, OrderResponseSimple, OrderChange, OrderCancellation, DespatchAdvice, ReceiptAdvice, Invoice
- New UBL 2.0 document types for sourcing: CatalogueRequest, Catalogue, CatalogueItemSpecificationUpdate, CataloguePricingUpdate, CatalogueDeletion, RequestForQuotation, Quotation
- New UBL 2.0 document types for fulfilment: ForwardingInstructions, PackingList, BillOfLading, Waybill, CertificateOfOrigin, TransportationStatus
- New UBL 2.0 document types for billing: CreditNote, DebitNote, SelfBilledInvoice, SelfBilledCreditNote, FreightInvoice, Reminder
- New UBL 2.0 document types for payment: RemittanceAdvice, Statement
- New UBL 2.0 supplementary document types: ApplicationResponse, AttachedDocument
Further information on UBL2.0 can be found from OASIS.
Question: Will UBL 2.0 become the de facto standard, killing eBis-XML and other standards? Please do share your thoughts.